We would appreciate your prayers as John and the Tenwek Eye Unit leave this afternoon for a week long (10/10/10 - 10/16/10) surgical eye outreach to western Tanzania. We will be working along Lake Tanganyika where there is little access to medical care and most have never heard the gospel. We will be joined by two other ophthalmologists, one American and one Tanzanian. Dr. Len Ramsey with Hope of the Nations, has organized a team of 40 lay people and local pastors in Tanzania to assist us with cataract surgery and to minister to the patients. Please pray for:
1. Safe passage as we travel by bus, small aircraft and finally helicopter and/or boat to reach our final destination.
2. Many to receive God's love through the restoration of sight and responding to the Gospel message.
3. Those who come to Christ, that they will be discipled and become the foundation for a vibrant church in the region.
4. All of our equipment to function well (generators, microscopes, surgical instruments . . . ).
5. Physical strength and health as turnout is expected to be very high. We will be working long hours in hot temperatures.
6. Jessica and the kids while John is out of the country.
We look forward to seeing how God uses this outreach to bless the nations with His love.
John, Jessica, Elise and Micah Cropsey