We are immensely grateful to be able to report that the first few days of French school have gone very well! God has answered prayers. Today all of the McCropder children entered their classrooms happily - hooray!
A few details about our French schools in Albertville:
- Classes run 4 days per week: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- All of our schools have class from 8:30 to 11:30am and from 1:30 to 4:30pm. Everyone goes home for a 2-hour lunch break each day. We like the schedule.
- Micah, Maggie, and Abi do not divulge many details about their school activities, perhaps mostly because they don't understand whatever is going on around them in French. We think that they do some playing, make some art projects, and probably observe other educational activities in French. We know that when they return to school after lunch, they have nap time (which unfortunately results in Micah staying awake until 10pm).
- Elementary school kids seem to pick up vocabulary and pronunciation quite quickly. Anna has already corrected my pronunciation and giggled at my non-French attempts at the French "r" sound.
- Elise came home from school today and reported that she
"falled in love." This is actually the second time in two weeks here
that she has fallen in love!
I would like to attach pictures, but the internet is too slow here recently. We hope the internet trouble will be resolved soon.
Thank you so much for continuing to pray for these children.