The McCropders’ first Christmas at Tenwek included:
- A festive church celebration of Jesus’s birth
- Christmas carols in the hospital wards after rounds
- Party hats for Micah’s 1st birthday (Christmas Day)- Skype calls with our families- Gifts from the Grandparents- Cookies and gatherings and good food- A Boxing Day picnic- Time with friends- Giving thanks to God for many blessings
Christmas in Kenya did not include:
- Visiting our families and friends in the USA. We really missed you.
- Ice skating
- Sweaters, jackets, or mittens
- Inflatable yard decorations
- After Christmas sales
- A dramatization of the nativity stable scene. So Anna came up with her own re-enactment.
Merry Christmas from Kenya